A BIT OF A CONFESSION...



I'M SORRY! I know I was meant to write about my internship most days while I was in London,
 but I completely underestimated how busy and tired and ill I would be so I literally had no time and when I did I honestly just wanted to fall asleep or lie in a ball with ice cream and watch cloudy with a chance of meatballs 2 (which by the way is hilarious). 

What I am going to try and do to make up for it, is just write a couple of posts about different days that I remember that stood out from being in London.

So I guess I'll start with day 2 as I actually did put all these pictures in the post when I was in London but I just got too tired and didn't think it was enough so didn't write anything. 
After a successful day 1 I was excited for numero 2, I was told about a faster way to get to work and so I took that route in the morning and it was SO MUCH BETTER, made my mornings so much easier ha ha. On day 2 I was asked to do some more emails for the blog and then sorting out peoples answers, I then was excited when I was asked to take the polaroids of some of the models that came into the office. Although the photos have to be simple and usually straight on, to the side, close up, full length simple shots I loved the opportunity of working with professional models. And I really learnt a lot about preparing someone for a portrait making sure all details are perfect e.g. brushed hair, bangles/watches off, etc. 

Here are some of the photographs that I took of the models (including the one above) on this day, the models names were Rosie and Tamara from Leni's Models. 





I found it really difficult to get out my camera on the move or in public places because of it being so busy in London and feeling like I was constantly on the move, I rarely got to just experience London which is what I wanted to do! But that just means I'll need to go back ;) 
I took some photographs of Farringdon where I was working on my way back to the tube, and when I say a few photos I mean three photos. 




When I got back to Lorna's house she was at work and not due to return until 12am so I decided to make myself some spaghetti and tried to watch cloudy with a chance of meatballs 2 (this seems to be a recurring subject) but kept falling asleep I then had to let lorna in at 12am. I found being alone quite hard, don't get me wrong I love my own company but I found it difficult being stuck in the house not really having any friends here and being so far away from home. So I made a decision to make my journeys in the mornings even harder and I travelled to my sisters after work the next day to stay with her in Essex for the rest of the time until sunday, and THIS is why I wasn't able to blog... I left my laptop (stupidly) at Lornas. 

After spending a well needed couple of days at my sisters I definitely felt more confident and happier. :) 

Laura x
post signature

0 comments:

Post a Comment