MAGAZINE STACKS AND FLOWERS.



I'm having a bit of a blogging binge today, but I wanted to do a post on some decor in my room mainly just a bunch of magazines with things on top of them but I know by the time I get back from being away things will be different and I like the set up at the moment, so why not share with you?
So heres a short, picture heavy post mainly of pretty things that I just wanted to take photos of. 



Yes, I have painted a Jagermeister casing white, it isn't the actual bottle that the Jager comes in but it was originally a silver case for the Jager bottle. I started using it as a place where I just keep little keepsakes like receipts or tickets from events i've been too. One day when I was feeling especially arty (haha), I painted a few of my things white so to fit with a 'theme' that I wanted my desk to be. 







And this is just my bed side table, I'm not actually reading the casual vacancy, but I really need to because I don't think J.K.ROWLING would be very pleased that i'm just using it as a platform for my lamp. 
I am totally obsessing over white at the moment and I have started to notice that gradually my wardrobe consists of a lot of white or white and black. Home decoration wise I love the look of white furniture, and a plus...white furniture is more valuable than wood. I wanted to show you really quickly my kind of work space, its really simple and usually there are a fair few cameras on my desk but they are all in my suitcase at the current time so it looks a lot plainer than it usually is. I really like the idea of stacking magazines to make a little table for a decoration or a lamp, I think it adds a clean cut, but arty type feel to the space. I also used a large jar that I bought from IKEA as a vase, I bought this jar in hopes to put my keepsakes in it but then it seemed too big and it was just sat there not being used, until I bought my mum some flowers one day (top daughter) and i saw some amazing white flowers that looked like overgrown daisies and immediately I thought I could put them in the jar and hey presto, there they are.
Laura
x
post signature

0 comments:

Post a Comment