HOME DECOR: BITS AND BOBS


This is going to be quite a short post, but I wanted to keep the content on my blog flowing and just couldn't wait to show these cute home decor ideas.

 At the moment I have become more and more obsessed with home decor and interior design, and i'm desperate to get my own house to decorate...I think it's a sign of getting older.
Because at the moment I am at my family home with my parents I'm trying to find quirky ways to make my room a bit more 'adulty'. So besides the various Harry potter ornaments; framed (signed may i add) photograph, letters of acceptance to Hogwarts, time turner, platform 3/4 tickets etc etc (i'm a big harry potter fan), I have been adding more modern and simplistic touches to make my room more homely and organised. 

This is the nicest Moroccan style candle tea light holder, and believe it or not it's from home bargains! I thought it actually looks and feels quite expensive considering so i picked it up for 99p and it now has a place on my work desk.



This is another candle holder I picked up a few days ago when looking through Wilko's (again another bargain). The jar like pot came seperately to the candle and I bought a set of three candles to go in there, but the candle has melted in the pot and joined the two, which I should've seen coming but luckily it goes quite well because the candle is the same colour. 
The candles I got for these two holders was a fresh cotton smell so it smells like freshly done laundry which is the nicest smell ever!


This cute little idea came to my head while I was searching on pinterest and I saw washing line type things with photographs clipped onto them which was cute, however because I have a slanted roof it proves a little difficult to hang photos or do things like that so I decided to get rid of the horrific blu tacked photographs above my bedside table and try out this idea that was in my head. It works really nicely with polaroids, but also with printed photographs as well. 



so again after looking on Pinterest for some ideas on how to store cables so that they aren't messy I came across ones similar to this, so I decided to use some clips and see if it would work, there is a pin in the middle of the two because I did have three small clips but when I bought new ones for the photo hanging idea these massive clips came in the pack so I traded them and they work a lot better and can fit more than one cable in each holder. 

Do you have any quirky home decor ideas? I'd love to know them!

Laura x
post signature

0 comments:

Post a Comment