MY INTERNING ESSENTIALS



So this is just a little post to share with you a few of essentials that I will be putting into my bag tomorrow when I start my internship, looking at everything I've chosen I know that it's going to be bloomin' heavy! So maybe I would suggest if you can get away with not bringing a laptop or even bringing a smaller camera than the MK iii then do it! 
Here's what I've popped in my interning essentials:

1. A large tote bag - having a large tote shaped bag would be ideal for fitting in your laptop, notepads and having loads of space, I currently have a Pia Rossini black leather tote bag, it isn't massive but it fits my laptop comfortably and my camera at a push. 
2. A camera - depending on where your internship is will depend on whether you need a camera with you or not, mine being in the fashion/imagery industry I will need to bring mine along just in case. I also will be in a new place that I will want to photograph (being a photographer and all). However if you don't need a camera but want to be a bit of a tourist (if you're new to the city) then a small digital camera would be more compact and easier for someone just wanting snapshots. 
3. A laptop - now once again, depending on where your interning and what you will be doing will decide whether you actually need your laptop, if you are unsure contact the company and simply ask. It'll save you carrying extra weight if they have computers there that they allow you to use! However if you do need your laptop then finding a slim case that just fits the laptop is handy, that way it fits snug in your tote bag, and means you don't have to lug around a laptop bag as well. 
4. Travel mug - Only since second year at university have I became a coffee drinker, having your own personal travel mug will be so useful for when you don't have the money to be spending in starbuck's so you can make you're own 'to go' coffee (or tea) at home. OR if you have money for days, it'll save you constantly buying the cardboard cups from coffee shops and throwing them away when you're finished...helping the environment and stuff. 
5. Filofax - if you are as uselessly disorganised and forgetful as me, you NEED one of these. I got one for christmas and literally I was jumping for joy (getting old), as pretentious as it sounds I literally put my friends in my diary, even the simplest thing as 'going for coffee with Anna' I don't do this to seem important, I do it because I will literally forget i'm doing that if I don't write it down somewhere and I'll plan something else that same day. It really is the most straight forward thing, but it works for me!
6. Pen - duh! 
7. Notepad - Depending on what sort of internship you're doing you'll need a notepad regardless. You will be given a lot of instructions that you'll need to remember from coffee orders to things to do that day so don't forget it.
8. Phone - I'm not sure if there is anyone that actually goes anywhere without there phone nowadays, but especially in a big city, or when you're doing an internship you may need you phone in case of emergencies, or incase you get lost (maps) and also if someone needs to get in touch with you while you are out of the office. 
9. Oyster Card - This only really applies if you're interning in London, I added this because it is an essential for me. Travelling on the tube and buses most days will cost a lot of money and using an oyster card makes it easier to travel rather than buying a ticket each time, you can also purchase a weeks travel Oyster which would be better if you were travelling every day for a week and would work out cheaper.
10. Purse/Wallet - Finally, your purse you will need for food, coffees, anything in general that you need money for. But be careful, in big cities there are a lot more pick pockets so you need to look after your money, no more walking around with your wallet in your back pocket.
Finally make sure everything in your bag is secure! 

What are you interning essentials?
Laura
x
post signature

0 comments:

Post a Comment